Friday, March 7, 2008

Bar Mitzvah preparations continue

I mailed out the invitations yesterday afternoon and the first one was already received (my husband got a call complimenting him on them)! To be honest, I think I'm more excited than my son is. I can't wait to see the RSVPs come in (hopefully with lots of yesses!).

I asked my mother to tell me--honestly--if she thinks they look too unprofessional or not. Safe (or poor?) choice, in that she's always biased towards anything I do, as is my father. At any rate, everyone should have them within a few days. I truly hope my cousins and out-of-town relatives can make it. It would be so nice to spend time with them all.

So, with the invitations out of the way, this weekend I can finish making the Candy Torahs (see this blog entry). I'm using the same artwork on them as I did on the invitation. I'm also using that same star on water bottle labels I've prepared (but still have to glue on). I won't use it, though, on the centerpieces I'm putting together for Friday night dinner, Saturday night dinner or Sunday's lunch. But I may use it on one of the two favors I'm making for Sunday. We'll see. I like the idea of tying things together visually.

This weekend, at any rate, I also have to prepare a four page newsletter for my Hadassah group. And this coming week, I have another meeting to do with the Jewish outreach group I'm involved with--event planning, in this case. Right now, I've got to finish up some work before I head home.

Making this all a bit worse is that we lose an hour of sleep this weekend when we change the clocks. I need that hour!

Shabbat Shalom.

No comments: