Thursday, March 20, 2008

Some Sunday extras

Since the theme is magic, I want to emphasize it further. I purchased small magic hats from Oriental Trading. I'll use them for centerpieces, perhaps filled with candy, and they may hold table numbers.

I also decided to make favors--chocolate-covered pretzel wands, with white chocolate on the tips, like a wand would have. Pretzels cost $1 or so a bag. Milk chocolate chunks for baking (actually heating up in a microwave) and white chocolate chips for the tips. We made a batch this past weekend, and it seems as if they defrost too quickly. Anyway, I also purchased clear plastic bags at Party City and ordered ribbon with my son'sname and date on them. $3 set up fee and then 22 cents or so per ribbon, I think. alogether $25 for 100 ribbons.

Last item, I purchase magic kits from the dollar store and created sleeves to wrap around them. Took the Jewish star motif, added a top hat, hiding some of the star, and I wrote, "I had a magical celebration at XXX's Bar Mitzvah."

This will be fun!

No comments: