Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Simcha news

The plan:
Friday services and dinner (See last blog entry)
Saturday services and Kiddush luncheon
Saturday night casual dinner and Family Game & Movie Night (at hotel)
Sunday party--lunch at a restaurant with strolling magician

I've already told you about Friday night. The fortune cookies arrived and I'm splitting them with someone else.

Saturday morning will be a basic Kiddush meal, although I'm adding a seven-layer dip, salsa, and chips (a number of my husband's relatives are from Mexico). On each table, instead of a centerpiece, I'll scatter ten Candy Torahs (each table seats ten). Okay, I "stole" the idea from a website, but I'm making them myself (more cost effective). I ordered Winkies, a kosher version of Smarties from Amazon, designed the paper and am using a glue stick to seal them closed.

No comments: