Thursday, December 4, 2008

A few great websites

First one is not only for job hunters, but for freelancers. It's called VisualCV and allows you to post your resume, with added multimedia, online. How cool is that! A friend told me about it.

Sales
Like many others, I try to make some extra money. One place online where I have a few items for sale (a very few) is my CafePress site. Scroll down for some nice notecards... (I know, the pickings are slim--If I ever find time, I'll be more creative and make other stuff, I promise!) In the meantime, if you have any request, please leave a comment here and let me know. I'll make what you want! CafePress is a fun site--you can create things for yourself, or to sell to others, or you can buy from the gazillions of items and designs they have there.

I also try to make some money in another way--as an Associate for Amazon. But that's only through this blog. If someone clicks on the name or picture of a book, and then purchases something from Amazon, I'll earn a very small percentage. So far...I've earned 79 cents! But hey, if you're planning on going to Amazon anyway, please click on a link at the left! I may someday hit the minimum I need for them to actuallly pay me ($10)! (I don't think I've earned anything from the Google ads I allow on the blog.)

Relatively speaking, most lucrative for me in terms of sales is eBay. I've started lately putting things on my own eBay site, and though my latest auctions finished on Tuesday, I'll be putting stuff up in a few more days--a mix of news and used.

Fun shopping
http://www.wishingfish.com/
http://www.delight.com/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/

Please also see another listing of very cool websites that I listed in September.

Do you have any other suggestions?

No comments: