Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back Home

I was out of town for an internal company sales conference, which was nice. Professionally, it gave me the opportunity to meet the brokers with whom I work and to learn more about the different aspects of our company (always useful knowledge to have for our proposals!).

While I was away, I missed the outreach organization's party, which I heard had great attendance.

And while I was away, I began an interesting book which I'd taken from the library: Matzoh Ball Gumbo, about Jewish life (and "foodways") in the South. So far, I've gotten through Charleston, NC, Savannah GA, New Orleans and Natchez, LA.

My husband let me know daily which RSVPs were received. Sadly, many are still MIA...and the due date is tomorrow. So few people are presently coming that I am way below the minimum I need for the restaurant... I am a bit depressed about that.

So, I'm back, knee-deep in the middle of another proposal already. My boss received a promotion, but sadly, my colleague and I did not. We are, however, going to receive Blackberries. So we'll be accessible 24/7 to meet the whims of brokers...(do I sound a bit dissatisfied? It's funny, I would love to have email access around the clock, even if we cannot use it as a phone...but I really would like a promotion...).

No comments: