Thursday, October 16, 2008

No book today

Not sure if there's any point in blogging when no one reads my blog. I used to think I'd focus on the lessons I've learned in life, and that the columns would, collectively, become the basis for a book, and so it wouldn't matter if I had readers or not. Truth is, I'd like someone to read, give me feedback...but even worse, too many of my entries are not the kinds of lessons I had in mind (so where's the book?).

Today's no exception.

In other areas, my mother's still waiting for the angio. The HMO needs to approve procedures done out-of-network. I guess they haven't done it yet.

And I had an idea for my youngest son's Bar Mitzvah party--four years away! I know I'd like to have a comedian, and not a DJ-&-dancing party. A cross between a stand-up and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

I figured out the perfect party favor. While my mother thinks it's a great idea, my husband says, "No way!"

Are you ready?

To remind you, the focus is comedy; my youngest is a born comedian, his timing is impeccable. He knows how to play an audience. I keep thinking he may grow up to be a stand-up comic, a used car salesman or a defense lawyer.

Anyway, back to my brilliant idea: How about custom imprinted whoopie cushions that say, "I had a blast at [name]'s Bar Mitzvah!" Even funnier, we'd put them out--inflated--on everyone's chair!

Inappropriate, but funny as hell, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog...not regularly, but I pop in every once in a while.

As for the whoopie cushins...Mary Waisler's oldest kids B;Nai Mitzvah was on April Fools Day. They decorated the tables with whoopie cushins, rubber chickens, etc. Lots of fun!

Wendy said...

Thanks for making my day! I told my husband about that, and he could see it working for April Fools, but not necessarily for this one.

Hmmmm....what other items are strictly associated with comedy (as opposed to practical jokes)? (Then again, isn't practical joking a form of comedy?)