Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rediscovering people from the past

I've discovered the joys of Facebook.

This includes finding people from different stages of my life: High School. The day camp I went to. One of the places where I worked in Israel. Former neighbors. Relatives. Hadassah. Synagogue. I'm still looking for early childhood, college and colleagues from other workplaces. There are too many people who've registered without pictures or maiden names entered as middle names. Makes it way too difficult. And then there are those who I can see and remember, but I won't, can't befriend for a number of reasons.

I've always admired my brother's ability to network, to keep in touch with people from different stages of his life.

I now feel like I have a chance to "catch up" somehow. Make right the connections I didn't keep up. The Groups allow us to share memories and touch the past again, both with discussions and by scanning in old photos, uploading, and tagging them. Very cool.

...and the Notes option allows me to have a feed from this blog to my page. So that those who I've accepted as friends on Facebook know it's my blog. But those who read this blog who are strangers to me (well, it could happen someday, no??) cannot identify me or my family.

Facebook: Where the future faces the past. (Okay, so I'm not a copywriter!)

No comments: