Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catching up

This past weekend we took the Bar Mitzvah boy to Summer Band Camp at UGA. We went a day early and took a tour of the campus. It is truly enormous. We go back on Friday for a final concert and to pick him up. I spoke with him this morning, and he seems to be having a good time. I always wanted to go to sleepaway camp--I hope he enjoys it...

Yesterday, my oldest son began his new job at Dunkin' Donuts-- he only began his search a few weeks ago, so I was glad he was able to find something so fast. I thought he'd missed the window, since teens look for summer jobs so far out. He'll probably keep the job after school resumes, if they can accomodate weekends only. He's already learned how to make hot and iced coffee and work the register. This coming weekend, he'll be taking the single subject SAT in Hebrew, for which he's prepared by going through a prep book I found. He's been getting 78 or 79 out of 85 each time. Hope that's over a 700...

No life lessons to impart here, except that kids need to be given the opportunity to be independent and do things on their own...Nothing new there.

No comments: