Saturday, January 26, 2008

Being sick stinks

I've been sick for the last week. Not fun. I went to the doctor two Fridays ago, swollen glands again and my whole body ached, plus a small cough. She "wasn't impressed" with my glands, but noted fluid in one ear and a temperature of 100.3! They took blood for a complete blood count and a throat culture.

On Tuesday, I found out my white blood cell count was above the normal range, as were my absolute neutrophils (way high, but not sure what that means), a few other numbers were off, and I was put on antibiotics. Missed worked and stayed in bed a lot, although I went in yesterday. Still difficult to breathe in fully, deeply, but felt better.

Today I went to synagogue with my two younger sons, but didn't help out in the kitchen (didn't want to cough onto the food!) and returned home to bed. My glands hurt again, as does the base of my neck/head. We just got back from my oldest son's basketball game (they were leading the whole game, but lost--the fourth quarter didn't go well), and I'm bushed.

I'm debating between going straight back to bed (I've got a full day tomorrow, from Hebrew school, Hadassah training, basketball games, more Hebrew school, a board meeting, etc.) and watching a new Trading Spaces (Paige is back!). Being sick stinks.

No comments: